Since then, there is no turning back for the British author. She wrote âI See Youâ in 2016 and âLet Me Lieâ in 2018. Over 2 million copies of her books have been sold. His works have been translated into 35 languages.
Clare was also an esteemed speaker at Times Literature Festivals (TLF) – Kolkata and Delhi in 2018. In one of the panel discussions titled âCop Tales: Inside a Criminal’s Mindâ at TLF Delhi, she said that although her stories are fictitious, inspiration comes from real life. At TLF Kolkata, she shared her writing tips for aspiring writers in a talk titled “How to Write a Successful Thriller”. She was highly regarded by the public for her outspoken ideas at both festivals.
The bestselling author recently took to her official Twitter account where she shared her âfive quick tips for writers (anytime – I remember it frequently!)â. Here is what she wrote:
1. Ending your writing session halfway through a scene means you can dive right in the next time you’re at your desk. No need to look at a blank page anymore!
2. Don’t obsess over polishing the perfect sentence – go ahead and write the story. This phrase might not even make the final cut.
3. If you have trouble writing, choose a favorite book and type a few pages. The action often unlocks the creative part of your brain.
4. Five minutes of writing is better than no minutes. Practice writing in short bursts – you will be doing more than waiting for a completely clear day.
5. Don’t feel like you have to write scenes in order. If you are dying to write something that will come later, let it go.
Other writers and aspiring writers might find these tips helpful or not quite agree with them, adds Clare, âPSA: It’s * my * way, I’m not telling you what to do. ”
Meanwhile, Clare’s latest book ‘After the End’ was released on June 25, 2019.