May 24, 2022
NEW YORK, May 24, 2022 (Newswire.com) –
A press release is a compelling and concise report that is usually written by a public relations professional and distributed to targeted media sources to announce something of interest.
The purpose of a press release is to secure coverage in relevant publications and stay in front of a company’s target audience.
“For nearly 20 years and counting, we’ve harnessed the power of press releases to help our clients deliver the right message to the right audience at the right time,” said Charlie Terenzio, chief marketing officer and vice president. principal of media and marketing communications at Newswire.
Part of the tech company’s success is due to the expertise of its team, which leverages its experience and knowledge to help brands of all sizes and in all industries effectively use press release distribution to create real value and real results.
Achieving and exceeding positive results starts with executing the fundamentals. Newswire presented six press release writing tips that will help companies create impactful content:
- Identify a worthwhile angle – News is likely to generate interest, so before you begin the process of writing the press release, ask the question: “Is this newsworthy?” If you can’t answer “yes” quickly, that’s a sign to go back to the drawing board and come up with a new topic.
- Set an objective – Once a worthwhile angle is determined, it’s time to set a goal. This will help keep the content of the press release focused on achieving the defined outcome.
- Tackle the 5 W – This is who what where when and Why. Addressing these five points will ensure that the press release covers the most important information.
Create an outline – Create a template outline so that every time you sit down to write a release you can jot down the details. This will make writing your press release easier. Each press release has a standard format and should include:
- Big title
- introductory paragraph
- Body paragraphs
- Call to action
- Master key
- Collect facts and quotes – Facts, data and quotes are great ways to support the overall message of a press release. Organizing this information early in the writing process is a great way to ensure you don’t miss any valuable information.
- Write with the target audience in mind – When writing a press release, remember that it is not about you or your brand. It’s about the value you provide to your target audience. When you keep the target audience at the forefront of your writing process, you create content that speaks directly to your target audience’s pain points, questions, interests, and more. Remember that relevant information is shareable information.
“As the industry leader in press release distribution services, we know how powerful press releases can be when written correctly,” added Terenzio. “These six tips are a great starting point that will help professionals stay focused and create content that consumers will actually want to read.”
Learn more about how Newswire’s integrated solutions help brands create newsworthy content, deliver strategic media pitches, earn media mentions, grow audiences, expand reach and to implement an effective go-to-market strategy, visit Newswire.com today.
Newswire is a technology company that offers dissemination of press releases and press release campaigns by leveraging earned media awareness, SEO traffic, and email marketing through campaign automation to help businesses gain impactful media coverage, drive traffic to website, generate leads and increase brand awareness. With cutting-edge technology and a commitment to customer satisfaction, Newswire delivers real business value at a fraction of the cost of other solutions.
For more information on the distribution of press releases or on the Media Advantage Packagevisit Newswire.com or find out why our customers have named us #1 for customer satisfaction in our industry for four consecutive years.
CMO and Senior Vice President of Media and Marketing Communications
E-mail: [email protected]